A couple for personal victories.

Well as promised I went and weighed in last Friday, and am proud to say that despite me avoiding the scales for the past six weeks managed to lose 6 pounds, which is quite remarkable since food logging ( or any conscience healthy food choices for that matter) was the the furthest from my mind! The biggest difference i've noticed since embarking on this journey again, is that I will go basically all day without eating, then go on a drive thru binge at (enter fast food restaurant name here) That is going to be one of the first things I change, because i've got to stop putting garbage in and expecting good results. Which brings me to a victory of sorts, that is overcoming my fear of what others think of me.

This past year has been rough going through the divorce but this was the first time for me to have the kids for an extended period, 11 days straight. I know my ex was concerned but I wanted to do my best to enjoy my time with them.  One of the things they really wanted to do was to go swimming. When I was married I was a member at Lifetime Fitness, and had always taken the kids there with me to swim, and they loved it, but right now I wasn;t a member and was going to have to find a new pool.  That wasn't the biggest thing, it was me and my self conscientiousness of 1. not only my size, but 2, embarrassing my kids because of hearing the remarks of those less considerate kids made toward their dad we've all had to endure. Well I had put it off for 8 days and finally decided I was going to suck it up and face the remarks. I loaded up the kids, sunscreened them up and made it too the water park. The kids loved it, were there remarks, yes, but I chose to ignore them for the sake of my kids enjoyment.  Did they hurt, sure, but I knew that was one more reason for me to do it this time.  I had faced a personal dragon and slayed it, at least for that day, showing that despite personal negative self talk and reservations I could do it!

I'm going to make it a goal to post at least two updates a week on here, regardless of whether or not they are good, that should help me stay focused on sticking to my goal of getting healthier and losing the weight. Feel free to drop me a line, i'd love to hear from you.

Comments

T.L. said…
That's a GREAT personal victory. It's hard. I'm worried about embarrassing my 13 year old daughter. I'd always said I wanted to be "done" with weight loss before she became a teenager. But all we can do is keep going from today! I'm glad you guys had a good time at the water partk!

Popular posts from this blog

My goals for 2007.

Reasons motivating me to lose weight ....