"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. "

What iconic movie is that from? It's from one of my favorite movies A Knight's Tale, and as I was pondering its meaning I thought it pretty well sums up most past of my weight loss attempts. Even recently if I were to take a critical look at my recent efforts it would still be quite fitting.  I'm done making excuses, at this point I could dwell on the things that have not wound up quite as I'd liked them to have; or focus on what I can do to change things for the better, just like you can.

I was going through my list of bloggers I follow and as expected there were probably over half of them that were no longer active or updated, just as my site had not been updated for so long. The pessimist in me  can only assume the people probably got tired/failed and moved on. However I'm going to choose to highlight those who are either continuing the battle to regain their health or to maintain their successful weight loss. Bloggers like Stephen Vinson whose blog WhoAteMyBlog.com details his incredible journey from 632 to his current weight of 362 pounds, a weight loss of 270 pounds in 29 months. Or Dustin AKA LosetoGain on Youtube who has lost over 236 pounds in two years. He has been vlogging for over three years and I still remember crying when listening to his reasons he is doing it, and thinking of my reasons I needed to.

It is such a daunting task when I think of how much weight I have to lose, at my heaviest I weighed 667 pounds.  It embarrasses me that I could let myself get to that point, but in my almost 11 years of married life put on over 300 pounds, which when you think about it is only a little over 30 pounds a year, but when you are apathetic about food choices or excerise it's easy to see how it happens. The good news is i'm currently around 560 pounds so that's still down over 100 pounds from my heaviest!

Anyway I just wanted to drop a quick line and let you know today I am going to focus on one thing, that's it, and build. Today I am going to get in my water, at least 8 glasses, and go from there. I saw a TV commercial recently that is so fitting, it said, "It doesn't matter how you do it, just do it" easier said than done. With one step forward that's a step in the right direction, and it continues today. Keep up the good fight guys! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My goals for 2007.

Reasons motivating me to lose weight ....