Quick progress update...

Just wanted to drop a quick post updating what's happened since my last post.  I met with my doctor as well as a dietitian, and at first was pretty frustrated at their lack or a sense of urgency for me and my need to lose weight.  I'm not sure how much of it is related to political correctness, but I know for me if I'd gotten a stern warning in the past it might have saved me from where I wound up at.  Note to medical professionals I'm morbidly obese and if I don't do something drastically to my current weight I will leave the unpleasant task of burying me to my father (since my recent separation/divorce). My father has been responsible for burying both his parents and two spouses (my biological mom, and his second wife my subsequent 2nd mom of almost 25 years), it's very selfish and not right for me to pass along that burden from something that I can change and have ultimate control over. However here's what i've done :


  • I went to the hospital and weighed in and as of 1.11.11 I weighed in @ 601.1 lbs, which means I have maintained a 66 lbs loss since my last serious attempt in Feb of last year.
  • Met with my dietitian and have a follow up visit on 2.1.11
  • Will weigh in again prior to seeing my dietitian.
  • Have started a walking plan, with a goal set of walking to nearest gym (4 miles from my house). I currently don't have a car, and in TX there is very limited public transportation.
  • Planning on two major events this year, first is to do a century bike race (100 mile) and secondly to do the Susan G Koman 3 day event.  the reasons I chose at least these two event are because my biological mother passed away from cancer when I was in ninth grade, and one of the types she had was breast cancer and; I've wanted to do a particular bicycle race for over ten years and have never done it, so now's the time it's long overdue!
  • Have measured out a course and started walking it.  My goal is to join the gym by Feb 28th, meaning I would have worked up to 4 miles (one way) by then  

I walked .66 miles today with my faithful furry companion (dog) Callie and am looking forward to doing a mile later today!

In closing what are your thoughts about the new A&E show Heavy?  I'll post mine later this week, but i've been very impressed with their approach, and really hope it does well, but more on that later.

Comments

Unknown said…
My heart goes out to you, buddy. Take care. I started out slowly on my walking as well and just walked 6 miles yesterday barely breaking a sweat. I live in Fort Worth myself and understand the lack of transportation options in the Metroplex. I look forward to seeing more posts on how far you get. :)
You are doing awesome! You know what you want, and you are pointed in the right direction. I'm so inspired by you, and will be following your journey my friend.
Hugs!
vanishingvixen said…
Awesome on keeping the 66lbs off...
You are on the way, and I'm sure Callie is happy too! :)

Popular posts from this blog

My goals for 2007.

Reasons motivating me to lose weight ....