Why is it so hard to get started?

I guess that is the million dollar question, if there were a simple answer everyone would be doing it. 2010 was definitely a very rough year for me on multiple fronts. I got divorced, moved in with my father, lost my business, was hospitalized multiple times, went on disability, suffered a very bad case of depression and came very close to losing the desire to live. I also faced the thought of finding a new church home since I had become ostracized at my church home of 15 years due to the divorce, I also half-joked that my wife got all our friends in the divorce since 95% of our friends were from church. Although I never had any thoughts of suicide, it was like a perfect storm of negative life changes.

I reached my highest weight EVER of 667 pounds. I went on a weight loss program with my father and was able to lose approximately 70 pounds to get me to my current weight. During the hospital admission process at the particular hospital I was at they ask a list of questions that might cause a "stresser" situation (situations you encounter that would cause your immune system to weaken due to life changes i.e loss of job, marriage etc) After answering the questionnaire the nurse said "wow man that is the most yesses I've ever heard, you should be dead" Anyway after reading this I guess the lesson I've learned is if you think it's bad, just think it could be much worse!

Even reading back over the archive I look at the past victories and battles lost, but this time I am determined I will win the war, it starts now, today. I'm determined to make 2011 different, and to be successful achieving my goals.

One of the problems i'm determined to figure out is why I seem to sabotage my efforts and almost seem to want to fail. Some of the negative self talk I battle is my dad repeatedly says "once you get the weight off you will be able to get a job, because like it or not people judge you by your weight", I know this to be true but feel like I currently have very little worth. I know my lack of income/being the provider was a significant reason my marriage failed, and now wake up realizing at my current size, I can't do what I used to and have a long journey in front of me. I can do it, one day at a time and will post my goals tomorrow.

One of the tools i'm adding to my tool belt is going to be consistant blogging. A couple of blogs i've discovered of late are whoatemyblog.com and fitwithapurpose.com. I'm going to make a point of finding/reading a couple of good ones each week. Thanks for reading, and hope together we can reach our goals! Here's to 2011 being the best year yet!

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey man you contacted my cousin yesterday about Heavy. I would be glad to chat with ya. You can follow my blog at Woolly Mammoth Runner or email me at docevans007@gmail.com

Keep it up!

Popular posts from this blog

My goals for 2007.

Reasons motivating me to lose weight ....