Reasons motivating me to lose weight ....

Reasons I want to lose weight.
1. For me.
2. For my wife, so she doesn’t become a widow.
3. For my kids, so they don’t lose a father.
4. So I can go to the mall and buy clothes.
5. So I don’t hear little kids say under their breath to friends or family (he’s fat, gigantic, huge etc. you get the picture)
6. So I can get my private pilots license.
7. So I can walk Maggie down the aisle. (Currently 6)
8. So I can watch Drew’s high school football games. (He is currently 4)
9. So I can walk Katie down the aisle.
10.So I am not dreaded and feared walking down the airplane aisle as they (skinny people) gasp when I say I’m sitting next to them.
11.So I can sit in a resteraunt booth.
12. So I don’t worry about if the chairs in the restaurant has arms.
13. So I can go to a Mavericks game.
14. So I can go to a Cowboys game.
15.So I can go to a Rangers game.
16.So I can go to Reunion arena or the American Airlines center and not fear the width of the chairs.
17.So I can break the cycle and have my kids grow up healthy and not overweight.
18.So I can fit into the size 36 jeans I wore in high school.
19.So I don’t have to wear anything that is “King Sized”
20. So I can sit anywhere in my church sanctuary (has theatre style chairs with few “handicap accessable” chairs.
21. So I don’t have to use the handicap stall at work because of a weight capacity of the non-handicapped wall hanging commodes.
22. So I can trade in the keg for a six pack (stomach muscles)
23. So I can buy clothes that are fashionable.
24.So I can tell the guys at the big and tall what I think of their clothes and prices!
25. So I can run.
26. So I can ride a non-stationary bike.
27. So I can complete the ironman.
28. So I can ride a roller coaster.
29. So I can enjoy a swim without feeling like everyone is looking at me.
30.So I can run with my dog (haven’t got him yet one of my weight loss rewards)
31. So I can stop taking blood pressure medications.
32. So I stay out of the hospital.
33. So I can ride in a century bike ride.
34. So I can enter my real weight on the Cybex stationary bike.
35. So I can wrap a towel around me and tie it (non-beach towel)
36. So I can enter my real weight on the Lifecycle eliptical machine.
37. So I can wear Dockers again!
38. So I can buy a life insurance policy.

Comments

Brandon said…
Love the public goal-setting. This is a great list!
Anonymous said…
Dude, we're going to ride the Judge Roy Scream together with our kids! You KNOW I'm right there with you. See you at the gym!
Anonymous said…
Wow...I think it's great posting your goals...and they are great goals...wishing you success in this "journey" ! Thanks for sharing !
mom2iande said…
again - this list is great and great reasons for losing weight. you lost your weight and get into your 36 jeans from high school and we will either go to six flags or disney and ride the roller coasters with you (yes, even my chicken little hubby)!

Popular posts from this blog

My goals for 2007.