Ready...Here we go!

As a weight loss yo-yoer, i've said it before, but this time I'm determined to make the changes, expect it to not be an overnight process, and stick to it. It's been a long journey up to this point, but the lessons learned are invaluable and make us who we are. I hope this can be an encouragement to others as well as an accountability tool for myself.

In the past I have asked those who have been successful in losing large amounts of weight for advice or their opinion, well after receiving my last note from someone I considered to be a huge motivator, no more. They seemed dismayed that tens possibly hundreds of obese individuals would come to them for advice. My thoughts to them are if you didn't want or seek the attention of desperate people why do you seem to blog your story and trumpet every time a media outlet asks you for your story. If you don't want to carry that banner and help I gladly will, i'm not after fame or fortune, but dang it there are people dying of thirst, with knowledge being the water they need. If I can help i'm definitely going to, and if I can't i'll educate myself or ask those who do know the answers to help.

Anyway official weigh in is tomorrow, i'll let you know.

Comments

ernise said…
So um, you asked for advice from someone who is quite public about their weight loss & journey... and that person didn't care to share advice? Wow. I agree with your thoughts. Why put it out there if you don't want people to ask for advice, thoughts, tactics, etc.?

Good for you for getting back with the program and doing you need to do! There are plenty of us out there who are here to help and cheer you on!

Popular posts from this blog

My goals for 2007.

Reasons motivating me to lose weight ....