My how time flies!

It's been a while since I last updated this so I'll try not to be too verbose. One of the big things I've been in the process of working on was getting approved for bariatric surgery and finally was and had the surgery last Thursday March 12,2015.

A few observations, first I was one that thought surgery was cheating and if I last a significant amount of weight it would be discounted or dismissed because of having the surgery; I got past that and now realize I've got to put in the work and the surgery is just one of the tools in my arsenal. Secondly I realize that I looked as my final days as "my last days" and as such actually gained weight to my highest point ever, 670 pounds! It seemed in the final two weeks prior to surgery I went to every favorite restaurant and ate my favorite meals and drank plenty of soda to wash it down! Lastly I know there are ways to sabotage the surgery so it will still come down to my willingness to treat foods as fuel and not as the addiction they were.

I've been on liquids for ten days and must say I'm impressed with how big a difference the surgery makes eliminating the hunger pains, with my surgery the portion of my stomach containing the hormone grellin was removed and left the upper portion of my stomach with the receptors that tell the brain your full, and it doesn't take much now!

I'm going to work on updating this, and have been logging my " foods" I.e cream of chicken and cream of cheese soups (all 4 ounces at a time)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My goals for 2007.

Reasons motivating me to lose weight ....