The Fitblogger 30 day Challenge, I'm In are you up for it?

I'm really glad I came across this challenge (link here), and it couldn't have come at a better time for me.  I've never been a big believer in New Year's resolutions, not to say I don't believe in goals; quite the opposite I'm a huge believer in goals, just not the short fading "resolutions"so many people make at the beginning of the year.

One of the cool reminders I found while surfing around the Fitblogger site were setting SMART goals, that is goals that are Specific, Measurable, Action Oriented,Realistic, and lastly Timely. I had heard this acronym in a kinesiology class I had taken, but it was a great reminder. One of the goals of the challenge is to set goals and blog at least once a week preferably on Monday about how we did. So here are my goals:

There are to rewards I'm working towards, the first is the Fitbloggin Conference May 17-20th in Baltimore (link to conference info) It is as the title suggests a conference for health minded bloggers, from novice to professionals in the health care field.  I want to take this blog to a new level and this would really help.

My next motivator is a family cruise Nov 25th-Dec 3rd.  The biggest motivator here is the fact I want to participate in many of the excursions, and at my current weight it isn't feasible, for that matter the bathrooms in the stateroom are about 5 x 5 and are definitely not "fat friendly", and personally the last time I went on a cruise was back in 2009 and at the time I weighed less than now, and was barely comfortable, but I don't want to miss out on going to the shows or dining at a particular resteraunt because they only have chairs with arms, or booths! Plus many of the activities have a 350 pound weight limit, and I'm nowhere close to sniffing that today, and even if I don't reach it I want to be much closer than i am today.  So how am i going to get there?

First off setting some goals so here they are:

  1. Drink 96 ounces of ice cold water or flavored low calorie drinks i.e Crystal Light,Gatorade G2 etc.
  2. Attend my weekly weigh in
  3. Log at least four days worth of food / excersize
  4. Eat less than prescribed amount of food/calories daily
  5. walk at least three days
  6. Start a resistance.weight program
  7. Do at least three blog updates a week.
  8. Drink less than 2 regular sodas per week.
  9. Document my measurements once per month
  10. Work on learning to cook, and discover how to cook healthy for my kids and limit/eliminate chicken nugget "meals" 
I also have weekly weight loss goals, but the fitbloggin challenge suggests non weight related goals so i'll keep it to myself for now :) Hope you enjoy and look forward to the journey!

Comments

Wow, that's some goals list and I'm with you resolutions are fly by night. It's always touching to hear that the posts impact people in some way, thank you for that. You get lost in the daily stuff sometimes and to know it's making a difference is fantastic. And speaking of goal 6, I have a helpful answer to that on Monday :)
Anonymous said…
Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing with your diet. I hope you are doing well. You and I have a long road ahead of us but if we take it just one day at a time we will eventually reach our goal.

How the goals coming. Love to hear how you are doing.

Popular posts from this blog

My goals for 2007.

Reasons motivating me to lose weight ....