My plea for help to a local radio station

Thanks for doing this. Yesterday as I listened I began to reflect and cry as I pondered past choices, and memories. My Life Changing Decision occurred in 2006 when I left my stable job to embark on a journey to pursue my passion and ultimately cost me my marriage.

To understand this a little better let me give you some background. I weighed almost 600 pounds and was hospitalized due to an injury I received while trying to lose weight. It was during that stay that one of the doctors asked me what I did and after hearing my response and lack of purpose suggested if I didn't make some real changes to both health and career I'd be dead in 5-10 years because of my weight. I was married for almost eleven years during which I added three incredible children and ballooned almost 300 pounds.

Eventually I topped out at 667 #! I tried out for The Biggest Loser 4 times and finally one of the local producers told me candidly I was too fat for the show. I have a passion to help motivate families make healthier choices and change the increasing trend of childhood obesity, the only problem is I can't motivate myself to get to my "after"

As I listened I realized I lost all my support with the divorce, and have finally gotten past the excuses. I'm asking, no i'm pleading for your help, I want to help others but can't seem to help myself.


Comments

Unknown said…
My heart goes out to you, Steve. My story is nowhere near yours in challenges and heartache. I have nowhere near the amount of weight to lose that you do. However, I do have the same "dangers" in my life as you. We can have our lives end much earlier than necessary because we didn't change.

I managed to convince my wife to join me as I dive into yet another program. This time it's the BloodSugarSolution.com. We're just on the second prep week where we give up refined sugars, artificial sweeteners, flours, caffeine and alcohol (next week, and for the following six weeks, we give up dairy and glutens as well.

I've just completed 5 days of the 2nd "prep week" and have already lost 11.2 pounds as of this morning. It's tough because of my addiction to sugar. If you ever read the book by Dr Mark Hyman, it will scare you silly about sugar and its addictive and destructive nature.

I'm not saying this is the solution for you, but seeing how your comments about what you fall back on is chocolates and sodas, this might be something to consider. At the very least, get the book and read it. It was the book that changed my perspective to what I was eating more than the allure of results.

I'm keeping my eye on your blog now. I also live in the DFW area (home in NRH and work at I35 & Regal Row) and would like to support in any way I can.

Popular posts from this blog

My goals for 2007.

Reasons motivating me to lose weight ....