Some hard truths I'm finally ready to accept.

I'm working on a really exciting new project that will be huge when it comes to fruition, however it's going to require me to lose weight, a lot of it for it to happen, since it's in the fitness industry. I want to become a personal trainer, however this project is much bigger than that. It's really scary thinking about it, but I realized this weekend it's going to come down to me, nobody else can do it. I know that sounds so obvious but ultimately that is the case for all of those trying to be healthy or lose weight. Regardless of how much support you have it boils down to me or you, we make the choices on what we eat or whether or not to exercise. It's an excuse and crutch i've used for over ten years when I was married, my wife didn't support my efforts and ultimately helped me add 300 + pounds.  That was my excuse, it's easier to blame someone else than to accept responsibility, well today i'm going on record, I was lazy and chose the couch over the gym. I needed a cheerleader, and unfortunately that wasn't my wife, now after a year being divorced i'm gonna fess up.

I went to Dallas this past weekend to try out for Biggest Loser,  maybe the fourth time would be the charm... well nope it wasn't.  The last time I tried out was with my wife about 2-3 years ago.  I have told myself I needed to have someone to push me and hold me accountable, this is true, but they're not gonna do it.  It sucks, but I can either "Just do it" or die prematurely, it's that simple. Don't want to be a downer but it finally clicked, even with friends, nobody can do it for me. So i'm going to do it this week, i'm going to write down some goals and get back too the basics, I know what I need to do, now I've just gotta do it. Hope you have a great week, drop me a line if you need any encouragement i'd love to help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My goals for 2007.

Reasons motivating me to lose weight ....