Official Project WE kick-off!

Sent this out today!

Bedford Man Dedicated To Extreme Weight Loss To Help Local Animal Rescue In Need



Bedford, Texas - April 26, 2007 - A local Bedford man has committed himself to extreme weight loss in order to help a local animal rescue organization in dire financial need.

Stephen West, owner and subject of the website LessFatMorefit.com, has teamed up with the Weimaraner Rescue of North Texas (WRNT) to launch Project WE, which is designed to raise money for the WRNT in order to help the shelter pay off more than $10,000 in unexpected debt. WRNT is a not-for-profit rescue organization dedicated to helping save unwanted and mistreated Weimaraners.

West is one of millions of Americans who has been categorized as morbidly obese. Weighing more than 568 pounds at his heaviest, West received a wake-up call last late last year when his obesity contributed to a blood infection that required a prolonged hospital stay followed by weeks of in-home treatment. That was just the drastic wake up call West needed to start making changes necessary to lose weight and adopt a much healthier lifestyle.

"I never really knew how much I weighed because the scales at my doctor's office only went up to 350 pounds," West said. "They really just gave up on weighing me."

While recovering at home, one of West's friends, Beth Sharum, an executive board member of the WRNT, told him about an unexpected financial emergency facing the rescue organization.

"Beth told me that because of some other animal rescue organizations defaulting on veterinarian bills, the WRNT's vet called in their line of credit, causing a $10,000-plus deficit," West said. "I knew those guys didn't have that kind of money just lying around, so I wanted to do something to help"

West and Sharum came up with the idea of donating money for West's weight loss. "For every pound Stephen loses, I'm going to donate $5.00 to the WRNT," Sharum said. "We thought this would be a fun and exciting way to get others involved. They can help out an extremely worthy cause while encouraging Stephen in his weight loss." West added "I'm not even going to count the ninety two pounds I've already lost"

West has committed to update listeners on his weekly LessFatMoreFit.com podcasts.

Tax-deductible donations for the Weimaraner Rescue of North Texas can be made at either LessFatMoreFit.com or Weimrescuetexas.org. Additionally, West and the NTWR will be participating in the Hound Dog Hustle in Grapevine April 28.

"I've got a long way to go, but I have a lot of people and dogs counting on me. I know we'll get there," West added.

# # #

Contacts:
Stephen West - LessFatMoreFit@gmail.com 817 846-6366
Beth Sharum - Bark@Weimrescuetexas.org

--
Steve

Follow my weight loss journey online @ http://www.LessFatMoreFit.com

Comments

sandi said…
stephen email me at bsaroux@msn.com

Popular posts from this blog

My goals for 2007.

Reasons motivating me to lose weight ....